Thursday, February 22, 2007

Surprises...Contests and Yervant

One of my new year's resolutions was to enter more wedding contests and submit "real" weddings to bridal magazines...
Up to now I have only entered one contest, one where only one image could be submitted. I actually forgot about it, that is, until today. The contest prize is to get a personal portfolio review by one of the world's most famous wedding photographers: Yervant, at the biggest wedding trade show in the world, which of course takes place in Las Vegas.
There will be vendors, seminars, classes, workshops, exhibitions etc...
Well the contest goes something like this:
Yervant personally chooses his 5 favorite images as finalists. Then the members of the Digital Wedding Forums (the company that organizes the trade show) will choose their favorite...
Well, guess what?



No, no I haven't won... yet.
But today I received an e-mail where I was told that I had made it to the final five!!!!
I couldn't help but share this news with you all, today ( I hope I'm not jinxing myself). I'm just very excited...I guess I have to go to Vegas now (even if you don't win you still get to meet Yervant and attend the portfolio review).
...
I wonder where I left my tuxedo.

And Danielle... what a nice surprise huh?
to see more pics from this wedding go here.


Oh yeah, keep your fingers crossed y'all!

5 comments:

jason groupp said...

Congrats my friend! That is quite an honor - you deserve it! You better win or I am crying fowl!

Unknown said...

Caitos,
All the best of luck!!! This is such an honor and also such a reward to a hardworking person as you are.
I will keep my fingers and toes crossed for you :)

Anonymous said...

Absolutely Awesome! Congratulations. Glad you are going to WPPI, seems like quite a few of the NYC crew are going. I'm excited for you and not really very surprised. Good Luck.

JenDavis said...

What an honor! I am just thrilled for you Carlos!! This image is absolutely beautiful! I will not be surprised when you win :)

abcdef said...

Congratulations!!! I hope you win. That's great.