Saturday, February 24, 2007

Fashion, Romeo & Juliet and Victor Affaro...


On what seemed like a sunny day at the start of last summer I walked into the offices of Showroom 7 here in Manhattan. I was there to meet with the owner, to show her my portfolio, and to hopefully walk out with an ad campaign contract...
It was one of those New York moments... she flipped through the book, made some comments and thanked me for coming by.
I thought I lost the job.
But the agent in charge said "she liked you. I think you got it."
what?
My very own big ad campaign!
Several days later, I received the call to tell me I had the job!!!
And the pressure was on:
MTV was to be there, it was a tie-in with a movie (Downtown, will which will premier sometime this year) and I had to use actors instead of models.
Click here for the MTV segment.



------------
These are exciting times, indeed...

One of my best friends, Victor Affaro (a reknowned photographer in his native Brazil -click here for some of his magazine work-) finally kept his promise to come and live in New York...
We had met a while back at the International Center of Photography (ICP) while taking the same fashion photography classes. We quickly became good friends and found out that we shared similar goals and thought alike visually, but most importantly we had the same passion for art and photography, especially when it came to fashion photography. During this time we worked on several projects together, and felt that we definitely made a good team. (It seems there is a magazine interested in publishing our first collaboration!...)
So we have decided to form a photography team... but
we now face a daunting task:

In the world of...
-fashion photography, there is: Mert and Marcus,
-in fashion: Dolce & Gabbana,
-in wedding photography: The Boutwells,
-in cartoons: Tom and Jerry, Ren and Stimpy
-in the acting world: Brangelina, TomKat

What shall we name ourselves?

3 comments:

abcdef said...

Oh my! Now you are talking. I totally love this kind of photography. I love the poses, the attitude, the clothes the location, the post processing! You rocked it out on this session.

Anonymous said...

Cool seeing you in the video too. Dude, you're on your way....

Anonymous said...

Man great work. i love the Pics of the models in black and white man. Great job. I am Stewart C. on OSP And I thought I would give your blog some attention and respect. Great shots again.