Tuesday, August 29, 2006

-Moms are THE GREATEST...Happy Anniversary!

"Have you seen Carlos Andres' newest ad? It's so beautiful!" my mom tells my sister over the phone... (Mom's are the greatest, really)
"Mom, it's not an ad. It's a Blog!" Grace says.
"a what?"...

My Mom loved my "Buena Vista" post. She loved it because she said she felt she connected with the wedding and how it showed much of our Latin culture and our love for dancing...
Oh the Dancing...
You see my mom loves to dance; she can't have enough of it. If she were to start a blog she would post a daily entry where she would detail which particular songs she danced on that day, be assured.
I also think she loved the B.V. entry because in a way it reminded her of her wedding which took place about two years ago. But instead of marrying a Canadian as Maria did, she chose a crazy, long haired, earring wearing, Harley Davidson riding, DJ extraordinaire, gringo. -Now that I think about it- maybe the only similarities between the two weddings was the dancing and the Spanish; being that he wore a pink tux shirt and a red bowtie to the wedding, and he decided to DJ the event himself...

Dan has turned out to be a wonderful father, husband, stepdad and an invaluable source for getting the latest lounge/buddha bar music and we are very lucky to have had him join our family.
And Dan -you are extremely lucky to have been able to sweep my mother off her feet with your dance moves (literally- see example below) and used your ye-ne-se-qua charm to make her fall in love with you!

I love you both very much.
Happy 2nd Anniversary!!!


1 comment:

Christopher Duggan said...

Carlos,

You are rockin'!! These images are so great. And I love the Buena Vista images, too!!! Wow, really great work.

Christopher