Thursday, August 17, 2006

A BUENA VISTA WEDDING

The Acustilocos, one of the best weddings bands I have heard, get the party started!
The soundtrack to Buena Vista Social Club has one of my favorite songs of all time:
"El Carretero" -a song which was picked as the official song of Cali, Colombia's famous Feria de Cali in the early 70's. Not only do I love that song but it reminds me of my childhood, and more importantly of my parents.
On July 3rd of this year, it was playing in the hotel room where Maria was getting ready. I never imagined I would be hearing this song or even this album on any one of my clients' wedding day. But Maria and her parents had asked me to put on some music while the preparations were going on...
This was to be my first Latin wedding, and Jason, Maria, and her family made me feel like I was back home. It felt good.
It was beautiful wedding day in every sense.
and the grand finale was without a doubt a grand fiesta...
and the dancing... oh the dancing...

I would say that the playing of that soundtrack
was a foreshadowing of things to come because to me
this wedding felt very cinematic...



and the dancing!!!

4 comments:

Roberto Falck said...

Los Acustilocos are great! I'm sure you had fun at that wedding... Music makes a hell of a differece!

Good to see your blog going!!

jason groupp said...

Rock on man! Those are really nice! The blog is looking great. I had no doubt! :)

Christopher Duggan said...

Carlos,

These images are beautiful!! I love the dreamy dancing photos. Very cinematic. Awesome!

CaVa said...

Comments from my three favorite bloggers. What a support group!!!