Wednesday, August 16, 2006

-A mayor proclamation!

On a deceptively regular Tuesday (the second of this month) the mayor of the city of New York, Michael R. Bloomberg, delivered in the form of an official document, a proclamation:

-It is hereby be known that today, Tuesday the 8th of august.... (Very official stuff continued)... shall be known as "Pokemon day"!!!!


*For liability reasons I must now clarify that:
1- The person pictured above (Hulk Hogan)
is/was not the mayor's spokesperson
2- Most likely was hired by Pokemon himself

Given the excitement and buzz surrounding this day, I was hired to document it in its full glory. Here are some excerpts:





Here the Hulkster is kind enough to give me one of his signature looks:


Kelly Rippa and family worry about my safety... literally.
-I was standing on the platform edge fighting off other photographers
in order to get a good picture of them...-

Here I am angry at myself for not knowing who the Rippa's were,
and for not getting a magazine-worthy shot of them:

3 comments:

jason groupp said...

It should be Pokemon day every day! Fun shots of the Rippa family!

Kathryn said...

So you were hired by Pokemon himself?! What an historic day! I am so glad they got only the best to document the occasion! V. entertaining blog, btw...

Anonymous said...

Wow! what an idea ! What a concept ! Beautiful .. Amazing …

rH3uYcBX