Monday, August 14, 2006

EARLIER TODAY...

Two visitors came to my studio to view the wedding pictures I had taken of their wedding several weeks ago.



-Susan and Joe- How had I met them?

Joe, who works for New York magazine (a magazine to which at the beginning of this year I paid a ransom to advertise in - the 2006 summer wedding issue in case you were wondering! -), ironically did not find me through my ad! When I told him about the irony of this, he, in the manner of a true gentleman, right away said:
"Thank you for helping to indirectly pay for my salary"
I sensed his smile at the other side of the line...

I didn't meet Joe or Susan until the actual wedding day but, just like our initial phone conversation, the wedding was fun and many times extremely humorous... (I must say that Joe's mom was just as quick witted as her son and having her company at different times throughout the wedding really made my day!)

-I think all wedding photographers get a bit nervous when they first show the pictures to their clients...Welll, at least I do. - however, Susan's reaction (or reactions in this case) when she came upstairs and finally started seeing the pictures, are what every wedding photographer dreams about... the excitement, the cries, the questions, the comments they were all there... as soon as the slide show started she took over my chair and did not bat an eye from the monitors for the entire hour-long visit.
When Joe told her it was time to leave she said:
"But I haven't seen all 450 pictures yet"!
Joe immediately looked at me and we burst out laughing.
Not wanting to leave? That's definitely a good sign.
You guys are definitely welcome at my studio anytime!

The wedding took place at Columbia University, which, in my opinion, has one of the most beautiful churches in nyc:

I have more if anyone wants to see them!

This next image is one of my favorites from this wedding (taken just before Joe walked down the aisle).



The smiles just kept on coming!







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a gift, that is undeniable. It makes me quite proud to see you develop this art more and more as time passes. The photographs were touching and inspiring- something every artist should achieve. Keep it up, my dear, you will help many more freeze a moment in time...

CaVa said...

you must be family...thanks for the comment!

Anonymous said...

Es cierto Carlitos!!! you have a great gift and I for sure will be the happiest bride to have you in my wedding day. I will make sure that we dance a CUMBIA and take a picture together. Preparate!!!