Friday, March 02, 2007

Dahlia, trust, experience and Varaff...


The fashion world is so full of it's crazy stories, that I think that no one will ever stop being surprised...
And believe me lack of experience in this particular world can really kill your self-esteem. Let's not even talk about trust...

During one of my first assignments while at ICP, I had gone to one of NY's top modeling agency's looking to find models to "test"...
They asked for my portfolio
-check
They asked for a concept
-check
They asked for a team...
A team whom I trusted,
A team I needed,
My team?... the people I took class with.
-check

Well, this team did not show up on the day of the shoot.
I didn't know what to do...
Dahlia was not happy.
Her bodyguard/boyfriend snarled
her agent told her to go home,
And I?
I stressed out...

But I told her about a great elevator shaft on my rooftop...

----
I never heard from the agency again.
I never called any of my "team" again.
but...
Don't you all think these shots are great?

ps. I must have looked really bad holding a camera with one hand and a reflector with another, but as we all know: the means justifies the end... or does it?

-------

If you were to see these words, what would you think?

-VICCA

-Varaff

I need some honesty here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Carlos,
Love these shots. The flare kicks ass! Do not worry about doing it all yourself(holding everything). The work is what matters my man. Great job!