Friday, March 09, 2007

Brad, Samuel and Gladiator...

I have been in movie mode lately...
Not that I've had the time watch any.

---------
I recently read an interview with Brad Pitt with him describing the movie Babel...
He says:
"The amazing thing is that (Director Alejandro Gonzalez IƱarritu) was trying to talk about communication and jumping to conclusions and misunderstandings without seeing others' point of view..."
It struck me because, I feel this is happening too often in our lives.
Too much jumping to conclusions... too many misunderstandings.

But where would our lives be if not for our dilemmas?
Not that I love having misunderstandings or anything like that : )

Now, Quentin Tarantino's movies are full of erroneous conclusions and misunderstandings but these are the obvious statements of most if not all his movies (I feel). I wanted to share one of my favorite movie moments based on this (and I also wanted to share my love of font based design):
----Caution----- VERY GRAPHIC AND FOUL LANGUAGE ------
No, really.


WhAt do yOu all THink?
--------

And now, some trivia:


What are the movies referenced?

Here are my guesses (and I hope I'm not making a fool of myself):
-Steamboat Willie, _? , Nosferatu, Metropolis, _?, Sound of Music, _?, Vertigo, _?, _?, 007, Saturday Night Fever, Tron, Predator, Basic Instinct, Alice in Wonderland, Gladiator, Lost in Translation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool. Here's my shot at it:
_?, Steamboat Willie, Chaplin, Bram Stoker's Dracula, 1984, Fantasia?, Vertigo, _? (frustrating), The Great Escape, The Graduate, 007, Saturday Night Fever, Tron, Apocalypse Now, Fatal Attraction, _?, Gladiator, Lost in Translation

Anonymous said...

My computer was being slow, so I didn't make a guess for the second, but concerning the first, that's my favorite scene from Pulp Fiction. So, I think that was pretty cool:)