Wednesday, October 25, 2006

A PARK'ED LIFE



OK see if you can follow this:

My good friend Kevin introduced me to Jane.
Jane introduced me to Sean.
Sean introduced me to David.
And David introduced me to his lovely Karaoke skills on the lower east side.
Now,*
Jane is Kevin's cousin, who -by the way- happens to be in love with Sean.
Sean in a way is David's brother but is not a Park.
David is both Jane's brother and Kevin's cousin...
and Kevin? Well, Kevin is a cousin, a cultural interpreter and a Park!
Got it?

Good!
...




Jane and Sean I am eternally grateful to you both for not only allowing me photograph your wedding but for the new experiences that it brought me. I had never shot a Korean wedding before! This is one of the reasons why I love to do what I do. It's the exposure to the world and it's people...and you guys just gave me a piece of that.
And don't think I forgot about the walk from the Staten Island Terminal up the hill to your place! But it was worth it. My assistant and I had a great time!
We should do Karaoke again soon!

*Litereray trick I learned from Dave Egger's "A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius".

3 comments:

Unknown said...

...and this is why Carlos is the man!!
Thank you so much for taking such fun gorgeous pictures that I cannot wait to show everyone. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day...and the pictures totally capture it.
Thanks Kevin, for having such talented friends. HA!
These photos just put you in a close 2nd place for my choice for Man of the Year. That dashing young man in the photos just edged you out!
*Blushing* Bride...jane

huny said...

that wedding reception was the most beautiful I've ever been to...you did an excellent job of capturing it for sean and jane! gorgoeus photos, seriously.

Anonymous said...

can't wait to see all the pics...it was such a great event. are you in editing mode?