Thursday, November 30, 2006

QUE VIVA COLOMBIA!


I'm wondering how many of you know I'm Colombian. because if you did know, then you would begin to understand why a Colombian wedding would be extra special for me.
I'm wondering because then everyone will understand why this entry will seem a bit biased.

Natalia was my first Colombian bride...
And she was beautiful, and was so proud of being Colombian.
There was the moment when she knelt before her mom, and then her dad to receive a benediction and words of love right as she was about to leave for the religious ceremony...
My favorite moment however, was when Natalia at the dinner party took out candles she had brought just for this occasion, passed them around to all the guests, lit them and then told the history of the Cumbia dance in Colombia while everyone held the candles and prepared to dance with them!
Then the dancing began, and boy did she dance! (I remember looking over at Stefan and he was -put simply- mesmerized!)
It's hard to put in words how moving and beautiful this wedding seemed to me...

One of the reasons why I love shooting weddings is that I get to see and experience so many different traditions, cultures, rituals, people... But with Natalia's wedding it was a bit different, only because it reminded me of my childhood, my family, my life... I felt awed, proud and humbled, it was hard at moments to hold back my tears.
But alas, I did!!!
Thanks guys!
Enjoy...















For more images go here for the slideshow! (careful with the music! and have patience as it may take a minute to load). Enjoy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

QUE VIVA CARLOS!!!
Words cannot describe what I was feeling when I was looking at the slide show...:)
Carlos, son las fotos mas hermosas que he visto.  Stefan and I love them all and can never thank you enough for capturing such wonderful and special moments of our wedding with your camera. 
Que talento el que tienes y que Dios te bendiga por ello.  It was also for me an honor to have you in my wedding and to be the first Colombian bride that you have photograph.
Again, Thank you Carlitos and see you soon!!
Abrazos,
Natalia and Stefan
PS. We have a dinner on hold......maybe Sancocho?

Anonymous said...

Carlos,
Mi corazon latio de manera diferente y se reflejo en lo cristalino de mis ojos al ver a mis viejos amigos y leer al mismo tiempo las palabras de un nuevo amigo. Inmediatamente empeze a leer le en voz alta a David, cuando el se aproximaba a ver tus fotos.
Gracias Carlos por reflejar la belleza del amor que se da en la cultura hispana.
Con carino,
Laura y David

Anonymous said...

Carlos Andrés: I've seen you grow up, literally, you know something? I think you have the talent necessary to be a successful photographer, I see progress in your labor, making me think that you, finally!!!, found the right way in life, (Just kidding, mentioning your uncle Haggerty's favorite words...), no, seriously, I think you are doing an excellent job, keep on growing, making me the proudest father, I love you so much...
Natalia and Stefan, Laura y David, gracias por esos hermosos comentarios, me emociona profundamente leer algo así sobre mi hijo, que Dios los bendiga,
Carlos.

Anonymous said...

Desde Islas Canarias:
Que hermosura de fotosssssssss!! vivi tu boda!! Me emocione viendo las
fotos!! Que bellezaaaaaaaaaaaa!! Tu con ese sombrero bailando que
lindaaaaaaaaa!!
Queria que lo supieras pues me parecio un trabajo excelente y queria felicitarlo!!
que lindas las fotossssssssss!! me alegre
muchooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Manuela